Entertaining...The Spice of Life!

It is a rare few who don't enjoy the company of a good friend or group of friends! Whether it be a special occasion, or no occasion at all, the memories created can last a lifetime!

But, entertaining can be expensive! I very much enjoy planning and hosting company in our home and away, and in doing so I've discovered some budget-friendly, simple, creative ideas to share with you for your next occasion! Hospitality doesn't have to be expensive

Monday, November 24, 2008

The Bird is Done! Turkey Table Topper Craft is Complete!


The children and I spent part of the day working on the turkey table topper centerpiece that I told you about in my last post. It turned out even better than I expected!

Here is the first stage of the process, before adding all the beautiful color:



Photo Copyright 2008 Entertaining On A Dime

I had some old cooking magazines, as well as some thanksgiving grocery store fliers from last week's mail, so I tore pictures in to small pieces and sorted them into piles according to color. We pasted these pieces on to the feathers. each feather a different color. The pictures really created wonderful texture to the feathers. Plus, some of the pictures I tore in to pieces were pictures of food- rich brown turkey, golden yellow corn...so it fits right in with the theme of Thanksgiving dinner! A few finishing touches, and this bird will be ready to adorn our Thanksgiving table: A large red balloon for the gobbler needs to be placed under the turkey's neck, and a tea towel or large cloth napkin can fit as a liner inside the bag to hold the dinner rolls (Or, whatever you'd want to place in the "body" of the turkey!)

Here's our turkey!:

Photo Copyright 2008 Entertaining On A Dime

Copyright 2008 Entertaining On A Dime

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Great post, very useful for a beginner like me"

http://evocowire.com

momsclub said...

Wonderful! you are so right and I needed to hear this...momsclubofmoodus.org